Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 69

Oh what a great day this day was! In the wee hours of the AM I surfed the web for ultramarthons around the US. Found some pretty sweet ones! Definitely plan on doing the TransRockies race sometime. 6 day run through the Rocky Mountains (120 miles).

Well a bunch of Camp Galilee friends were getting together for dinner at Shelby's house, So I ran across town to go eat and hang out with good company. (5 miles) On my way there I was passing an intersection where a car with two girls were gawking at me very non discretely. lol. Speaking of intersections... I word of advice!!!! When Approaching an intersection, if possible, go behind the cars perpendicular to you. I don't know how many times I have gotten to an intersection, I have the right away, sometimes I have even been waved at to go ahead, and when I start to cross in front of the car(s) they start to go! Never assume the vehicle knows you are there!!! Therefore, if possible, run behind the cars instead of in front of!

My friend Kody passed me as I was running so he turned around and was waiting in a parking lot for me. I almost didn't notice him sitting there.


Sooooo, i got to my friends house, enjoyed some very well cooked hamburger helper and chatted with camp friends. At the end of the night I put back on my running shoes and ran on home! It is amazing how much more energy I had running home in the dark than when I was running during day light. I prefer the evening runs, but need to start training during the day so that I am acclimated to the environment I will be racing in soon.


On the ground was a race bib... I'm not sure where it came from, but there it was... About two miles on my way home the food started to it me (probably the brownies and icecream) So I experienced some side cramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment