Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 117

Toughman Competition
3 Races in 1 weekend

Saturday October 1st

Wasn't sure what to expect for this morning... I really wanted to do the Panther 12k or 5k... but I ended up doing the 2 mile because the race was at 8:30 and the Pregnancy Care Center 5k was at 9am. I wasn't sure how much time I would have between the races and dealing with parking and traffic. However, if I would have known the 2 mile wasn't timed or awarding medals then i would have went ahead and did one of the others, which after I finished the 2 mile I realized I could have!

I picked up my packet for the Panther Run and then quickly went and got the packet for the PCC 5k. The Panther Run had a great atmosphere and I spoke with a guy at the start line about cross country missions b/c he saw my new jersey . He ended up winning the 5k.



I coasted into the finish line at 10:56. 2 seconds slower than my PR. I quickly left and went to Jordan Valley Park to start the 5k. I ended up having plenty of time between races. Next year(if its the same set up) I will do the 12k followed by the 5k.

PCC 5k

While waiting at the start line I saw loads of people I knew, including a guy from the SBU alumni race with some friends of his and then a guy I met at one of the other races who is an awesome Christian. We started the race and again, I led the race which I didn't want to do. However, I am beginning to realize that I will be doing this alot more. So.. I ran and ran and it was actually nice being the lead b/c I was able to pace off the bike (leading the race) a little!! Probably around the last 400 meters a really fast guy (who was only behind me because he was helping pace his friend) passed me. I had it in me to stay with him, but instead I just let him over take me. Shame on me. But, I still got 2nd overall and 1st in my age group. When I went to get my trophy I jumped over the big gap (the stage was positioned in the middle of a water fountain that was surrounded by water)

No comments:

Post a Comment