Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 6-39

I would like to start by apologizing to anyone following me!! God blessed me so greatly this summer by giving me my position back at Camp Galilee, and unfortunately as soon as I got to camp I never have sat down and blogged about my training! But as they say, better late than never!!

So where was I?.. On the Day 6 I spent the day floating on the lake before I moved into camp. The wind would slowly drift our rafts to the end of the cover requiring us to swim a good 400 meters back to the dock several times.. lol. So there was my training for that day. I will admit since I got to camp my training has gone down hill a bit but I'm picking it up a little bit better and this blog keeps my accountable!

Day 13
I remember my training for this day because I had planned on just going for a swim and then run, followed by a relaxing swim again to kool off after the heat, However I ended up swimming for about 20 minutes, biking for around an hour and then running 3 miles. I ran on the trails at camp to make sure everything was in order for the 1 Insane Trail Run I would be hosting later in the Summer. I experienced a lot of spider webs and gruesome hills =)

Day 19
This was Race Day for the QuarterMax out at Innsbrook Resort. This was a 1000 meter swim, 28 mile bike, and 6 mile run. Loads of Fun!!! I ended up placing 4th in my age division and got a huge Ultramax medal!! I'm not sure what was wrong with me during the swim, but for some reason I could not stay in a straight path at all, I remember looking up at one point and seeing my supervisor from the pool I was working at in Columbia early that summer life guarding in a kayak, I contemplated saying hi! lol.
The Bike portion started out great, pushing up the hills in the resort but eventually the course took us out away from everyone onto old country roads with very strong wind! As soon as I started the run I felt great!! But randomly my quads started to cramp (normally my gastrocnemius' cramp) I pushed through it, got as much gel and water as i could and eventually it got better!! Thank goodness!! Because I have had two races in the past where the cramp is crippled me and resulted in me walking then running till it cramped again, and then again and again in that cycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment