Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 41-48

Athletes for Christ!!!!

I spent the week directing a sports camp at Galilee!! This was my second year doing this and we had 16 awesome campers! Several of which were returning from last year =) It was the best week of the summer, and I already miss them all!! We played so many sports
I lost count. Basketball, volleyball, football, soccer, toy wiffle ball, quidditch, dodgeball, playing in the mudpit, etc! What a great week! I taught them about the Holy Spirit and how God breathed life into human kind in Genesis and then continued to show them time after time again the importance of the Holy Spirit through out the Bible and shared stories where it was seen. What was really neat was all of the awesome stories from their lives that they shared, gave me the chills, it rocked!

It took them a little bit but eventually I was able to get a group of kids to wake up at 6 am to go for a run =D lol. That was a great time, especially seeing their faces when I woke them up and realizing that I probably look just as confused and desiring to sleep as they do when I wake up each morning to run. I took them out on the trails.


No comments:

Post a Comment