Tuesday, July 26, 2011

49-50

Yesterday I began training my bosses' daughter, Taylor, for volleyball and my other bosses' daughter, Logan joined in. I took them out for about a mile run on the trails followed by "rock jumps". Rock jumps consisted of standing flat footed at the base of this tall flat rock and jumping up onto it. lol. So we did 15, 10, and then 7 rock jumps. Then we went up to the volleyball net and did "net jumps/hand slaps"... Basically a blocking drill working on your ups. We stood at the net and jumped up like we were blocking the ball 30 times, 50 times, 75, 50, and then 30 times. We finished the training with doing one sit up one push up.. two sit ups, two push ups.. three sit ups, three push ups.. all the way up to 10 of each. Good first day!!! It was dark when we got done so I walked with Logan back to her house and then ran back to the cabin using a flashlight her mother had given me... After about quarter mile the battery's were so giggled around that it couldn't keep a connection and kept shutting off on me. So I ended up running in the pitch black (no moon that night) along the old country road till i reached the back/side entrance to camp and ran the trails back to the cabin. Fun Fun. lol
Oh.. I forgot to mention all of the lovely spider webs we ran into!!.... and a great big huge one that we both saw coming but yet we still ended up running straight into it!!


Today Taylor was not feeling very good so I was not able to train her but Logan was still up for a run. So I ran out of camp using the side entrance down the old country road to her house and we went out on the trails for about a mile run rocking out to some music!! We got back to her house and finished up with another round of 1~1, 2~2, sit ups and push ups. Then I ran along the old country road out to the main entrance of camp.

Also.. While I was lifeguarding for 3 hours today I decided that on top of directing the Athletes for Christ camp next summer, I would also direct a high school running camp at Galilee!! The idea came to me and slowly grew on me each half hour as I sat up in the stand baking. I figure we can call it GODspeed Running Camp and I might get one of my best friends, Nathan Ford to co-direct it with me! It will be saweet!! Even if we only have one camper, lol! I also realized that it would be awesome to get my cross country coach from Southwest Baptist University to come out and speak at both the running and the AFC camp next summer. Love that guy!! excellent role model for a christian and a coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment