Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 91-102

Monday the 5th

Coach White sent me a message asking me if I was going to run in a half marathon on saturday and I was greatly thinking about it! But... Monica text me asking if I wanted to go for a run on monday morning. And here is another good tip, if a pretty lady asks you to go on a run with her and you can... you should say yes. lol. Thus began the week of early early morning runs with her. She is a very enjoyable running partner and we always have lovely conversations as we run. I wish I could continue to run with her but after the first week my practicum started so I'm up by 7am and don't get off work till about 12 am.. So 5 or 6 am hour+ runs just don't work for me.

On Friday I had to run the mile in my measurements and evaluation class for my P.E major. I have not ran the mile on its own since the last day of practice in high school. My last day of track practice in HS I was helping Rusty train for state and we did a mile mock race. I had never gone faster than a 5:00 minutes mile before, and on that day at practice I ran a 4:54... That was crazy!! Since then I competed in the 800 at SBU and then 5k, 10k+, but never a mile again.
I calculated the splits I needed to get at least a 5 flat for the fitness test today and unfortanetly got off. I went 5 seconds too fast on my first lap which threw off the rest of my run, resulting in a 5:06 mile time.

Saturday the 10th

I had a 11 mile run that was a bit of a struggle to keep up a good pace. Every now and then I would realize I was going to slow so I would speed up again. It turned into one of those runs where I played the same song over and over again starting at about mile 6.. that song happened to be "Rawkfist" by Thousand Foot Krutch. something very strange happened on this run, my lips seemed to dry out? they filmed over with a white chrusty skin film. very strange.. I was going to look at my mouth in the mirror when I got back but I ended up getting stuck at a RR crossing for about 5 minutes around mile 10. So as I paced back on forth waiting I attempted to scrape it off my lips. very strange.

Fall

It is kind of neat to see how everything was slowing changing. Every time I turned onto my street there was progressively more and more brown leaves collecting along the street curbs. One day there is hardly anything, and then a few days later I can hear the crunch as I run on them. Due to the busyness of my schedule I have been left with two options.. Waking up early to run, or running after work around 12am-1am, I chose the latter. All through out this week I had lovely 12-2am runs which happened to be very cold. The weather suddenly decided to take a dive. On one of my night runs I got a little paranoid and actually looked behind me a couple of times. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment