Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 2


This morning was harder than yesterday to wake up. Alarm went off at 5:40, I shut it off and luckily woke up at 6 and got up! I would like to be an optomistic and say that as the training continues it will become more natural to me, making it much easier to wake up at sunrise or earlier everyday. However, I know the truth is as my training progresses it will only get harder. lol. But I will stay as highly optimistic as I can!!

I finished Numbers and something that I loved in my reading this morning is a major theme through out the whole old testament, God says He will do something... He does it! Because Israel could not trust God to deliver them to the promise land.. even after He set them free from pharaoh's grasp in Egypt... He said none of them would be allowed to enter the Promise Land. And sure enough, 40 years later after the last one died, only then could they enter the Promise Land.
So we need to put our Faith in Him! He does not break promises!! We must be patient and do as He says!

SO this morning was a bike and run morning in order to train for my triathlon on June 25th. Which is yet another race people can sponsor me in order to raise mission funds. B/c I am obessesed with sunrises I stopped in front of the church on my way out to capture a little sliver of God's beautiful creation!!
Then I did 6 hill repeats on my bike on the lovely hills of Chapel Hill. You will love this... A cicada came and whacked me right in the face as i was flying down the hill! I may or may not have yelped like a little girl. lol. After my hill repeats I went out for a 3 mile run.

Then as I was stretching my brother and I reminisced about the running we used to do back when we lived in Kimberling city. The running on Hilltop, Golfcrest, and Hillcrest.. if it has "hill" in the name you know its steep!! but, the real beast was Golfcrest... You would be praying for that hill to crest after the first two steps up the hill.
Anyways, this got me to thinking about how I would love to host a triathlon for missions down in Kimberling city someday. Have them swim in Table Rock, bike up a few really steep hills.. AND definetly have them run up Golfcrest and maybe even Hilltop =) This is one race I would have to join in on! Fuuuuuun.

No comments:

Post a Comment