Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6/7/11 Day 1

I woke up to the sound of my alarm at 5:50 am, which meant it had been going off for 6 minutes before I actually woke up. Probably due to the fact that I didn't go to sleep till around 3 am, which is due to the fact that last night around midnight while talking to an old cross country high school teammate, Nathan Ford, I played with the idea of taking my racing to the next level by running in longer races.
I have been running since high school and after I transferred from SBU my freshman year I began my scene of racing individually. It didn't take long before I decided to run a marathon my Sophomore year of college and then I signed up for the Branson Ironman 70.3 for my Junior year. Thus began my addiction to triathlons! However, there i laid in bed talking on Facebook chat and I decided, I'm gonna do it... a 100 mile race!!
So I dragged myself out of bed at 5:50 am to read a few chapters from my Bible and enjoy the sunrise. Unfortunately I could not see the sunrise from my brother's house and got discouraged and almost went back to bed. But I forced myself to read my chapters from the book of Numbers in my journey to read the whole Bible and then I put on my running shorts and hit the road!

As I took a right out of the neighborhood there was the glorious sunrise!!!! I shouted AMEN!! God You Rock!! I wanted to have a picture of the sunrise and almost turned back to get my phone but decided against it, I'll get it another morning. lol.
Well, the run was a fairly good one. Started out kind of sluggish due to my lack of sleep but it got better as I went. As there are in most runs, I had a few opportunities to cut the run short by taking a side road, and as I approached these spots I was greatly tempted! Especially because of the fact that for some reason 3 miles into the run was when I got my side cramp and felt a little tired. But I resisted and continued on the longer route.
As I reached about 6 miles I passed by an area that smelled strongly of cinnamon and I quiet enjoyed it. This however is also around the time the my Latissimus Dorsi 1 began to give me pain. It is peculiar how my lower extremities that carry my 164 experienced no fatigue during this run, but my non weight bearing muscle of the shoulder/back region hurt. lol.

Anyways! As I ran up the last hill I got home to my sister in-law and brother leaving the house. My shorts were soaked! I sweat so much that it was flinging off of me as a would move my arms. But, it would have been much much worse if I would have ran any later in the day. I came inside and finished with some stretching and drank a glass of milk, and for the second time in my life realized that my sister in-law's, Melissa, pug is kinda cute.


What A great way to kick off my training with an awesome and peaceful 8.5 mile sunrise run with the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment