Friday, November 4, 2011

MSU & Hustle!!

OCTOBER 29th

It was a slightly chilly morning as I waited outside the MSU student union at 6:30am. The MSU Homecoming 5k started at 7am but no one had any idea where the start line actually was. haha. The campus health center (one of my current jobs) was the main host for this race. When the race started at 7am it was still dark outside and a gentleman in bright yellow and a blinking red light on a bike led the race. I took off fast and tried to get into a good rhythm. I decided to wear gloves for this race (good choice).

As the race continued I was very glad I was in lead following the bike because I could not understand where I needed to turn at All! lol. At one point I passed a spot where someone cheered me on by name but I didn't see who it was. To be honest, I didn't feel like I was running very fast. But as I approached the finish line (lapping at least 20 people) the clock was reading low 17s! I don't know if they got my legitimate time or not because they came up and asked me if I timed myself and what I had got. I looked at my watch that I hit a little bit after finishing and took off one second. But from what I remember when I looked at the race clock it read faster than what I had on my watch by a few seconds... Regardless of all this, I ended up getting 17:13. Still getting faster every race this season.
I jogged over to one of my bosses/co-workers and asked if there were prizes and told them I had to leave to go run another 5k race. I won $75 and a big Trophy =)

I jogged to my truck and headed to Jordan Valley park to get ready for the Halloween Hustle 5k.. a costume race! All of my costume stuff is at my parents house but I did have a black mullet wig, white tutu, and a red cape.. sooo.... I put that on! The race course seemed fairly easy! But i stopped seeing arrows on the concrete eventually and turned around. Ended up getting lost and was followed by about 5 other runners =$ We tacked on about an extra half mile or so probably. By the time I got back to the right spot the 1st place person was starting on the second lap so I quickly jetted in front of him and continued on for the second lap. I ended up finishing first again.. however.. my time wasn't too good.

They handed out all of the awards.. but never called anything for the first place finisher. So I went up there and asked them if overall winner got anything and they said no... But they happened to have an extra gold medal so I still got a medal.. But that is just jank.. They medal 3 deep in age categories.. but didn't have anything for the overall winner.. WOW..
Oh well. It's all about having a good time, staying in shape, and praising the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment