Friday, November 11, 2011

Idle Hands...

When I sit in front of the computer at work I always find my self searching the web for new and exciting races. When I started this blog I said I was beginning my training for the Ozark Trail 100 mile endurance run, however, after some recent information regarding this course I have decided against participating in this event (at least for my first 100 miler, maybe in the future I will give it a try).

So I began my search for a new 100 mile race that was around the same time that i could run in its place. I have been extremely satisfied with the Pumpkin Holler 100 in OK, though they have not set a specific date yet. This is my number one pick at the moment! BUT... my hands have been moving on the keyboard way too much and I have been searching down more and more races i want to do as well as thinking about how I would like to host an ultra-marathon in honor of Forrest Gump! haha.

24 Hours the Hardway

Pigtails Challenge

Leadville 100

Boulder 100

Arkansas Traveler

Because a lot of these are around the same time of the month, I am thinking that every year I will go try one. Essential go on a 100 mile run test drive of the courses and after i try out a few I can go back and do the ones I like again and again.Link

No comments:

Post a Comment